Australian Energy Regulator
The Australian Energy Regulator (AER) regulates energy markets and networks under national energy market (NEM) legislation and rules.The AER regulates wholesale and retail energy markets, and energy networks, under national energy legislation and rules.
Below is a selection of EMCa reports to AER.
- Review of Powerlink’s forecast non-load driven capital expenditure – Addendum report – September 2016.pdf
- Review of Forecast Non-load driven capital expenditure in Powerlink’s Regulatory Proposal – July 2016
- Advice on allocation of advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) IT and communications expenditure – 14 April 2016
- Review of Proposed Capital Expenditure in Energex’s Revised Regulatory Proposal – September 2015
- Review of Proposed Capital Expenditure in Ergon Energy’s Revised Regulatory Proposal – September 2015
- Review of Proposed Replacement Capital Expenditure in Ausgrid’s Revised Regulatory Proposal – April 2015
- SA Power Networks Regulatory Proposal Peer review of AER analysis for Kangaroo Island – Network security second undersea cable – April 2015
- Report on Relationship between Opex and Customer Density for Sparse Rural Networks – April 2015
- Review of Proposed Replacement Capex in TransGrid Revenue Proposal 2014 – 2019 – October 2014
- Review of Proposed Replacement Capex in Endeavour Energy’s Regulatory Proposal 2014 – 2019 – October 2014
- SP AusNet Revenue Determination: Technical Review Findings on SP AusNet’s Revised Revenue Proposal – January 2014
- ElectraNet Revenue Determination: Technical Review- Further Advice on ElectraNet’s Revised Revenue Proposal – April 2013
Economic Regulation Authority
The ERA has a range of regulatory functions related to energy. These include: issuing licenses to gas and electricity companies, monitoring licensees’ compliance with their licence, monitoring the electricity and retail gas market, and determining access to certain energy networks. ERA are also responsible for administering some of the regulatory instruments covering customer protection and energy network access.
Below are some of the reports from EMCa to ERA.
- Goldfields Gas Transmission’s Review of Technical Aspects of the Proposed Access Arrangement – June 2016
- DBNGP (WA) Transmission Pty Limited Addendum to Review of Technical Aspects of the Proposed Access Arrangement – June 2016
- Dampier to Bunbury Natural Gas Pipeline Review of Technical Aspects of the Proposed Access Arrangement – December 2015
- ATCO Gas Australia Proposed Access Arrangement for the Mid-West and South-West Gas Distribution Systems Review of Technical Aspects of the Proposed Access Arrangement – June 2014
- ATCO Gas Australia Proposed Access Arrangement for the Mid-West and South-West Gas Distribution Systems Review of Technical Aspects of the Revised Access Arrangement Addendum Report – June 2015
On 1 October 2015, ATCO applied to the Australian Competition Tribunal for a review of the access arrangement decision. The Tribunal published its determination on 13 July 2016.
Australian Trade and Investment Commission (Austrade) Power Industry Capability Report
The report highlights Australia’s strengths in the Power sector with a focus on Australian capabilities and areas of competitive advantage. EMCa assisted Austrade in drafting the report. The business case studies included in the report also features EMCa’s Australian and international consulting experience.